OCS Marketshare Report
CannStandard tracks data each month based on the OCS market which includes analysis and insights by product and by notable events, as well as tracking price and sales changes. See each section easily below.
- Two budget brands, Puresun and Twd, lead this month in both grams and revenues (but look at 11/30 – a strong challenger appears!)
- San Rafael and Hexo did about the same volume (~35kg) but San Rafael pulled almost twice as much revenue (look at 11/15 for the explanation)
- Broken Coast is the clear revenue leader in the premium space, pulling a solid 14.5kg in sales volume at an avg of $13.50/g
- New, low-priced offerings from Original Stash (OS220 on 11/30) and Good Supply (Royal Highness on 12/11) push Twd down to 5th place
- Original Stash OS220 breaks all single-product records selling over 150kg (and earning over $750k) this month.
- Twd was by far the hardest hit by OS220, their sellthrough falling from 72kg last month to only 42kg this month with analogously painful drops in revenues.
- Redecan comes out of nowhere with Mistletoke (12/3 – 12/21) and demonstrates that low priced, high value seasonal products can do very well.
- Hexo post-sale market share has stabilized at an average of 5%
- First full month of Figr establishes their dried flower market share at a disappointing 0.2%
- Original Stash remains on top with OS220, but Puresun pulling almost as much revenue on half the grams sold
- Value offerings from Twd and Redecan remains immensely popular
- Good Supply is a marketshare-eating monster (when it’s in stock!), munching on Hexo and Twd mostly
- Namaste launch grabbed a peak market share 1.2% but averaged out to only 0.5%
- Figr No 28 launch fizzled out, peak market share 0.5%
- Tantalus Labs and WMMC delist the bulk of their remaining dried flower inventories
- High Tide launch carved out 2% market share
- Tweed is the capsule king, with Aurora a respectable second place
- LBS, San Rafael, Alta vie and DNA Genetics are all clear losers in this space
- Vertical launched two capsule products with two SKUs each (15 and 30 count), captures a peak of 16% market share before retreating back into the high single digits.
- Tweed’s volume dominance in this space is being seriously threatened by Aurora (but their $ revenue dominance remains intact).
- Aurora and Tweed collectively own this segment
- Prices are slowly heading down
- On Jan 16th the OCS website went down from midnight – 9am to launch 2.0 products
- Lots of churn on the listings as OCS works with vendors to correct errors from the launch
- Market is currently supply driven, with any stock from any vendor selling through within hours
- Chocolate has the early lead on most popular format
- Chowie Wowie and Aurora Drift are leading due to having the most supply (but the market could easily support more)
- Good Supply, Redecan and Soei are leading the pack.
- Kolab launched Hybrid and Sativa prerolls late in the month, captures a respectable peak 7% market share.
- Redecan, Solei and Good Supply continue to lead this very crowded market.
- 48 North launched a new product, elevating their market share from low single digits to approx 10%
- Eve & Co launched with a single SKU. It peaks just under 6% market share before tapering back into the noise floor.
- Tantalus Labs launched with 3 products, starting slow but growing to just over 6% market share by end of the month.
- SugarLeaf launched with Jack Haze preroll, everyone bought it once then laughed at how bad it is – Nobody bought it a second time.
- Good Supply ran low on stock towards the end of the month
- Heavily fragmented market with Redecan on top, Solei and Twd battling for 2nd place
- Blazery joins the market with 2 products, peaking at 8% market share before one of them sold out.
- Fireside joins the market with a single product but it fails to get above 1.8% market share.
- Eve exits the market
- Edison pulled 3 popular SKUs, giving up ~5% market share.
- Solei’s cheap Oils reign supreme (but earning <$1 per ml), with Redecan in 2nd place (earning closer to $1.50 per ml)
- Vertical launched two products late in the month, peaking at just over 2% market share
- Solei dominates this month, looks like Redecan had some supply issues
- Dosecann launched 4 products, captured about 5% of the market
- LBS Sunset oral spray picked up significant velocity mid month, but not due to a price change
- Solei reigned supreme in volume with it’s budget CBD Free Oil until they ran out; Edison’s CBD Oil was the clear winner during its absence. Restock of Oil Spray towards end of the month swung the pendulum back somewhat
- Aurora is winning at the $/ml game, with ~75% less sales compared to Solei they made only ~30% less revenue
- Hexo Oils were delisted in the 2.0 shuffle and haven’t re-appeared
- Foria exits the Oil market
- Kiwi Cannabis and Northern Harvest enter the Oil market
- Redecan Oil is supply-bound, stock is being picked clean within minutes.
- Tweed Oil supply ran out
- Symbl price drop mid-month improved their market share from ~2% to 6%
- On Jan 16th the OCS website went down from midnight – 9am to launch 2.0 products.
- Unlike edibles, there was enough vape products to create a stable market from day one
- Rede Can is the early volume leader, with everyone else fighting for scraps.
- Dosist is winning the $/ml game in this market, coming in at 2nd place by revenue.
- 11/15 Hexo Holiday Sale. Market share prior to the sale was approx 2-3%, while peak market share on the first day of the sale was 18.5%!
- 11/20 Spinach introduces Sensi Star. In only 10 days, it outsells all their other products for the whole month and raises their market share from near-0 to a respectable average of 3% for the month.
- 11/28 Figr launches two products with weird names (No 10 and No 17), nobody buys them.
- 11/30 Original Stash launches OS220 the $140 ounce, and in fact the only ounce. In only 28 hours of availability this product captured an average of 2% market share for the month, peaking at a record-setting 47.5% of the dried flower market for the day. Big losers are other value brands (Twd, Puresun) while the top and middle tiers the market remained untouched.
- 12/3 Redecan introduces Mistletoke. It goes on to do exceptionally well, elevating them to 3rd place overall.
- 12/11 Redecan introduces Wappa. The killer combination of Misletoke and Wappa gives them a peak market share of 11.5% during this time.
- 12/11 Good Supply introduces Royal Highness, which sells very well and boosts market share to a peak of 15.7%. For the next two weeks both Royal Highness and Jean Guy sell very well.
- 12/12 Van Der Pop launches with a single offering, Eclipse.
- 12/21 Redecan runs out of Mistletoke. During it’s just over 2 week run, it outsold all their other products combined.
- 12/23 Gage rises from the dead, re-listing Orange CKS (a cult classic) and presenting a new offering (Strawberry Fire OG). The crowd goes .. mild, with their market share rising to over 3% within a week of introducing these products.
- 12/25 Good Supply runs out of Jean Guy, dropping their market share back down.
- 01/08 Namaste launches sensi star and shishkaberry to a collective yawn. Market share peaks at 1.2%
- 01/09 Tantalus Labs Skunk Haze delists (0.1% market share)
- 01/16 CANNABIS 2.0 LAUNCHED!
- 01/16 Vertical Shishkaberry delists during the 2.0 shuffle
- 01/20 Good Supply starts popping in and out
- 01/21 Redecan Wappa restock brings their sales back from the dead
- 01/22 Figr launches No 28, yawns all around as market share peaks at 0.5%
- 01/22 WMMC CBG Shiatsu kush delists (0.1% market share)
- 01/24 Good Supply Jean Guy 3.5g hits, grabs 12.5% peak market share
- 01/24 Price drops on Sundial Zenberry flower raises their sales by about 50%, but too little too late as peak market share was only 0.7%
- 01/27 Riff ran out of weed
- 01/28 Gage restock grabs peak 1.4% market share
- 01/28 High Tide launches Headband, grabs respectable 2% market share
- 11/14 Vertical launches Balanced and THC softgels.
- 12/15 Vertical runs out of THC Softgels.
- 01/10 Vertical restocks 2 products
- 01/16 Vertical price drops
- 01/16 Solei Free softgels price drop
- 01/19 Solei Balance softgels runs out
- 01/27 Tweed, DNA Genetic and LBS gelcaps suddenly delisted – all returned on 01/31
- 01/16 Edibles launch at the OCS
- 01/23 Chowie Wowie delists both products
- 01/28 Chowie Wowie relists with fixed unit sizes
- 11/11 Anomalous sales spike of Wink No 01 Pre-Rolls; over 2/3rds of the inventory disappeared in 2 transactions over 4 hours.
- 11/13 48North runs out of GDP (restocked on 11/22)
- 11/28 Kolab launches Hybrid and Sativa Prerolls.
- 12/16 Tantalus Labs launches with Blue Dream and Skunk haze prerolls
- 12/17 Tantalus Labs adds Harlequin prerolls to its lineup
- 12/24 48North launches Franco’s Lemon Cheese Prerolls
- 12/24 SugarLeaf launches Jack Haze prerolls. Small first batch sells quickly.
- 12/25 Eve and Co launches The Boss preroll
- 12/26 SugarLeaf Jack Haze prereroll restocks and stops dead.
- 01/09 Blazery introduces Last Call and Pregame PR
- 01/10 Fireside enters the market with Black PR
- 01/15 Riff runs out of product
- 01/21 Blazery Pregame sells out
- 01/21 Canaca Blend 14 restock
- 01/21 Eve runs out The Boss Pre-roll (delisted on the 29th)
- 01/22 Solei Sense PR restock
- 01/22 Edison Casablanca, City Lights and Rio Bravo pre-rolls are suddenly delisted
- 01/24 Price drops on Wink No1
- 01/24 THC Biomed Indica PR restock
- 01/29 Saturday runs out of product
- 01/31 Price drops on Aurora Hybrid Ace PR
- 11/29 Vertical launches Balanced and THC drops
- 12/05 Dosecann launches 1:1, CBD and THC spray as well as a CBD oil.
- 12/09 Emerald runs out of Oils.
- 12/16 Redecan runs out of Oils (restocked on 12/23)
- 12/16 LBS Sunset Oral spray sales volume ramps up (front-page advertising campaign?)
- 12/21 Broken Coast runs out of Oils.
- 01/06 Emerald restocks SYNC 25 CBD Oil
- 01/10 Foria Topical oil stock is pulled, item gets delisted on 01/16
- 01/11 Tweed runs out of Argyle Spray
- 01/12 Cove sells out of Rest and Reflect oils
- 01/13 Vertical Balance drops restock
- 01/16 Hexo oils get lost in the 2.0 shuffle
- 01/16 Symbl High CBD oil goes on sale
- 01/23 Tweed runs out of Bakerstreet spray
- 01/23 Solei runs out of Free Oil
- 01/24 Irsa Moon stock is pulled
- 01/28 Northern Harvest enters oils game with Forte Oil
- 01/28 Solei Free Spray restocked
- 01/30 Kiwi Cannabis enters oils game with Balanced
- 01/16 Cannabis 2.0 launches at OCS
Notable events calendar view
Notable events database